Friday, March 21, 2008

Tip: Open up _blank tags in new tab

Yay!

Let me say that again. 

Yay!

The Unofficial Apple Weblog pointed me to a blog from a fellow named Dennis Stevense, where he says that not only is Safari 3.1 safer, not only is it faster, but Apple has dropped a new variable that allows you to open _blank tags in a new tab.

You know the ones; when you hover over the link, it says "open FOO in new window". And so you either wind up with a dozen windows open, or you right click and say "open link in new tab" because I don't want a frigging new window, thank you very much. 

Anyway he posted the secret sauce over on his blog. I'd share it with you, but I haven't figured out how to copy and paste into blogger yet ( I can copy, but when I paste, it doesn't show up in the story, it shows up in a box below the story. What's up with that?)

So go over there and make Safari even better. 


No comments: