Monday, March 17, 2008

The Halo effect

I'm worried. 

I've been wanting an iPhone since they came out because, well, it's an iPhone. Why wouldn't I want it?

However, there's an interesting article over at MacNN that talks about the future of the iPhone in Enterprise

The story is about how some analysts say it will take off, some say it won't. There's a side of me pulling for the "it won't team". 

Not that I don't want it to, but I worry about Apple becoming too successful. I discussed it earlier today, though not very in-depth. And there's not going to be a deep, penetrating discussion here, either. But part of Apple's charm is the same charm that is attached to King's X. It's not popular, sure, but it's what all the smart kids are listening to. If King's X were to ever have a number one album, I don't know what my response would be. And I wouldn't know what to do if Apple had a 51% market share. 

I hear there's some really cool distros of Linux....

No comments: