Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Adobe TV

So. Adobe has a new media player, built on Air. They also launched Adobe TV, which features videos from my favourite photoshop nut job, Russell Brown. Seriously, you can't take this guy seriously. Yet he knows almost as much about Photoshop as Thomas Knoll does. Don't let the wild hair and overblown presentation style scare you off....

Anyway. just finished downloading the player. It has real TV episodes, too, which I may be able to watch as a Canadian. I don't know. The first five I've tried have failed. Is it my IP address, or are they just getting hammered? I'll keep playing....

The trouble is that the only "real TV" content is from CBS. Everything else is iptv or specialty channel.

And are these actual shows or just promos? Again, who knows? I can't get any of the CBS feeds to work. I'm going to write it off as everybody is hammering on the server. But if the user experience is like this in a couple of days, I am not going to be all that happy....

No comments: