Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tip Tuesday: Tear away tabs

Okay, so there hasn't been one of these for a while. Sorry. Busy. Might not be more for a while, too (I am now officially past deadline on a pair of projects....)

But I did something quite by accident, and I thought it was really cool. I was going to close a window, and wasn't really looking, and instead of clicking on the X, I missed, and clicked next to it. And because I was sorta rushing, My mouse was still moving while I clicked, and so I wound up clicking and dragging down on the tab. 

And it was the coolest thing. The tab tore away and became its own window. 

It's cool. Try it. You have to drag down (up does nothing, left and right reorganize the order of the tabs. But drag down and the tab becomes a new window with this cool wooshy effect. Heh. I just did it to this window. It's cool. 

I'm sure I've seen this tip show up recently in the official Apple feed or something like that, and ignored it completely. But now I think it is the coolest thing. 

Back to work now. 

No comments: