Thursday, July 10, 2008

Books as apps?

Bowsing the App Store for iPod Touch application, I'm noticing "Air Hockey" and "Alarm Free" right next to "Anna Karenina" and "A Tale of Two Cities."

Now, stop me if I'm wrong, but books aren't actually apps, right? They're just...books. Looks like they built a bit of a reader into each book to qualify. Perhaps to get around the need for people to go elsewhere to download books. However, it seems to me that a better use of time and effort would be to build a book reader, then sell the books separately....Oh, wait, here we have eReader. Which will work with books from the eReader website I assume....

Anyway. Some apps that I'm interested in: Drummer (as that's what I do....) Evernote for iPod touch (how is that going to work with no cut and copy and paste?), and...hmm, well, that may be it, actually, until I start seeing some feedback about these other apps. I'm noticing that a lot of the iPod Touch apps are pay (according to a recent announcement, 25% of iPhone apps were free, but looking at the page it doesn't seem like that translates to the Touch). 


No comments: